The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach reports to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and is
responsible for assisting the Head Coach in carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the
guidelines of the NCAA, ASUN, and the University.
Austin Peay State University is
a four-year public, doctoral-level university, with six colleges and four Chairs of Excellence. The University has an enrollment of over
9,000 students and is located in Clarksville, Tennessee, a community of an estimated 166,000 people located approximately 40 miles northwest
of Nashville, TN.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities through the Head Women’s
- Assist Head Coach in recruiting, instructing and retaining highly skilled student-athletes for the Women’s
- Provide instruction to basketball student-athletes on the fundamentals, details and strategies of basketball as
assigned by the Head Coach.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and regulations of the Director of Athletics, University, ASUN, and NCAA.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of Women’s
- Counsel student athletes in sport participation, personal development and academics.
- Work with the Admissions
Office to enroll student-athletes.
- Assist in the monitoring of student-athletes academic progress.
- In consultation with the
Office of Advancement and the Athletic Director assist in fund raising in both Women’s Basketball and with major fund raisers in the
- Look for ways to improve the recruiting process.
- Organized weekly calls, mailings, and social media
- Oversee recruit data and ensure that information is up to date.
- Organize and oversee the official and unofficial
visit recruiting process.
- Assist Head Coach in developing game strategies.
- Perform other job-related duties as
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively teach fundamentals, position details and
strategies of basketball during preparation and practice sessions.
- Ability to motivate teams to become successful.
to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community and the public.
- Ability to
travel and recruit student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to learn and comply with all policies and
regulations of the University, the Tennessee Board of Regents, the Ohio Valley Conference and the NCAA.
- Good organizational and technical skills.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate
- Ability to scout opponents.
- Ability to work summer camps.
- Ability to maintain
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Valid Driver’s
- Playing or coaching experience at the college, university or professional level.
- A proven record of integrity, high
principles and demonstrated skill in developing motivating student-athletes academically and athletically.
- A background check and
official transcript will be required of the successful applicant.
Austin Peay State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation/gender identity, religion, age, disability status, genetic information, and/or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries or complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at [email protected]