Staff & Executive – Athletics
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistant Coach and Recruiting Coordinator for Women’s Swimming. Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach assisting in the coordination of a Women’s Swimming and Diving intercollegiate athletic program which provides an opportunity for student-athletes to train and compete on a competitive, Division I women’s swimming and diving program while attending school to earn a college degree. This position will be taking an administrative lead on recruiting; coordinating phone calls with prospective student-athletes, help on official visit weekends, and occasional travel for scouting.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Recruits high level academically and athletically skilled female students to attend Rutgers to earn a degree and to compete in the women’s swimming program.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a nationally competitive intercollegiate women’s swimming team within the Big Ten and the NCAA.
- Assists in organizing and conducting practices and competitions at a high level of efficiency and success.
- Assists in developing, teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the proper rules of competition, conditioning. skills and techniques in the pool/on deck and in life-skills and leadership qualities on and off deck.
- Assists in fundraising and public relations events that support the objectives of the program and allow for program enhancements.
Position Status: Full Time
Annual Minimum Salary: 0.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 0.000
Annual Maximum Salary: 0.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Contract Administrators
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Rutgers offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees. For details, please go to http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview.
Rutgers also offers a benefit program to eligible full-time postdoctoral fellow students. For details, please go to https://finance.rutgers.edu/healthcare-risk/insurance/postdoctoral-health-insurance.
Terms of Appointment: Staff – 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required.
- Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business demands; a valid driver’s license would be required for this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations relative to proper rules of competition in swimming.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with student-athletes and the media.
- Computer literate.
- USA club swimming or collegiate swimming coaching and competition experience.
- Knowledge of Big Ten Conference and NCAA regulations.
- Nights and weekends will be required.
- Clean driving record.
Posting Open Date: 05/22/2023
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applicants must complete and attach the “Affirmation of Association with a Prospective Student-Athlete Form under Affirmation of Association with a Prospective Student-Athlete form in the applicant documents section (provided in the link below)
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Busch (RU-New Brunswick)