St. Thomas Aquinas College invites applications for the position of Career Center Coordinator. Under the direction of the Dean of
Experiential Learning and the day-to-day supervision by the Director of Experiential Learning, this position supports the administration of
all programs, services, and operations of the Career Center, with an emphasis on contribution to the establishment and growth of the
Experiential Learning initiative. The Coordinator role is an entry level position with broad-based responsibilities and opportunities for
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist the Director of Experiential
Learning in developing and delivering general and discipline-specific career readiness content to be infused in the curriculum in the School
of Business, School of STEM, and School of Arts and Social Sciences, with possible expansion to include the School of Education.
- Assist the Director of Experiential Learning and Director of Career Development in the tracking of alumni career placement statistics
and the creation and maintenance of systems that enable students to receive credit for the various activities within career engagement and
- Contribute to class content and assist with scheduling logistics for all first-year students.
- Assist the Director of Experiential Learning with the administration of the on-campus internship program.
administrative support for study abroad/study beyond programming as directed by the Dean and/or Director of Experiential Learning.
- Assist Directors and Deans with special programming and projects.
- Provide support and staff job fairs and campus-wide
- Provide the Dean and Directors in the creation and execution of future initiatives.
- Assists with other
administrative duties as required to help maintain efficient office operation.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum of one
year of professional experience in a fast-paced office environment is preferred.
- Proficient in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Desire to help students gain internships and other professional experiences.
- Ability to multi-task while
managing multiple projects and assignments.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability and willingness to work with students from diverse backgrounds and a wide range of physical and academic abilities.
- Knowledge of and ability to use social media effectively required.
- Familiarity with career management platforms is desirable,
but not required.
- Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position, which typically involve traditional day office
hours, but also include some evenings and weekends. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling responsibilities and meeting the
Application: Please send the following materials electronically to: Ms. Christine Smith
at [email protected] – cover letter addressing the applicant’s
credentials and experience, as they relate to the position; resume or curriculum vitae; and names, email addresses and contact information
for three professional references. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. The College does not discriminate against
students, faculty, staff, and other beneficiaries on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability,
marital status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, veteran status, or religious affiliation in admission to, or in the provision of its
programs and services.
St. Thomas Aquinas College does not discriminate in its educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or expression, disability, age, religion, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other legally-protected category. Announcement of this policy is in accordance with State and with Federal law, including Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
For more information, please contact:
EEO, Section 504/ADA and Title IX Compliance Officer
125 Route 340, Sparkill, NY 10976