The Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Dual Enrollment reports to the Executive
Director of Admissions and has the primary responsibility for directing the functions of the Dual Enrollment program and undergraduate
application processing. The Director of Admissions also has responsibility for directing recruitment efforts for the Office of Admissions
related to processes, policies, programs, and services designed to promote and recruit undergraduate students. The Director has full
decision-making authority in the absence of the Executive Director and represents the University and the Office of Admissions in all
Austin Peay State University is a four-year public, doctoral-level university, with six colleges and four Chairs of
Excellence. The University has an enrollment of over 9,000 students and is located in Clarksville, Tennessee, a community of an estimated
166,000 people located approximately 40 miles northwest of Nashville, TN.
Primary Duties and
- Provide overall supervision, leadership and direction to 1 Assistant Director and 9 Clerks to ensure all
duties related to application processing and the dual enrollment program are performed. This includes all undergraduate recruitment and
application processing for all eight terms on all APSU campuses. Conduct necessary hiring, training, and
evaluation of employees as well as provide professional development to ensure the mission and vision statement of the team and university is
- Responsible for deciding the appropriate courses of action for applicant data necessary to implement, manage, and review
admissions policies. Hire and evaluate qualified staff, approve/disapprove leave, determine training needs; strategically plan, set goals
for the area. Oversee the accuracy and timeliness of recruitment correspondences. Utilize knowledge of the recruitment plan to determine
best communication plans and publications are suited .
- Lead the direction of the Office of Dual Enrollment, including recruitment,
processing, events, registration, and support to ensure the program is promoted to surrounding school districts to provide early
post-secondary opportunities for high school students. Ensure compliance with governing entities APSU, SACSCOC, NACEP, THEC, TSAC. Work closely
with personnel in the Office of the Registrar and Student Account Services as well as Academic Departments for prospective dual enrollment
faculty. Oversee the financial aspect of the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant and Scholarships of eligible dual enrolled students. Counsels
students and parents on the dual enrollment admissions process, financing dual enrollment, and course selection.
- Manage the
recruitment efforts including correspondences, events, and visits. Work with students and counselors through the admissions process,
establishing class rosters, grant processes, and class registration. Research and develop policies that that fulfill compliance. Develop new
initiatives to sustain the program and support the mission and goals of the university. Manage the operating budget for the
- Enhance the quality and diversity of the student body to increase enrollment of domestic and international undergraduate
degree-seeking students through recruitment efforts. Recruit high schools student; support recruiting activities at community colleges.
Conduct extensive travel, including evenings and weekends.
- Responsible for counseling prospective degree-seeking students and
promoting the university at recruiting events, high school visits, college fairs and other events designated in the recruitment plan with a
special emphasis on geographic areas served by the University that are underrepresented in the student population. Approve expenditures as
- Design, develop, and manage the reporting infrastructure for admissions applications and admission. Validating, and
analyze code to ensure accuracy.
- Review all admissions residency appeals of students who are classified as out-of-state for fee
payment purposes but would like to appeal the decision.
- Duties include reviewing residency appeals of students initially classified
as out of state for tuition purposes. Appeals are reviewed and decided if the student indeed meets the in state requirements. All appeals
are viewed by the Assistant Director until the census date.
- Assist in all aspects of student events, registration, orientation, and
welcome throughout the academic year.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the Dual Enrollment program and the Office of
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to provide recruiting and admissions processes for all
prospective students including dual enrolled high school students.
- Ability to troubleshoot/test software and
- Exceptional level of customer service skills. Outstanding communication skills; both written and
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree (Higher Education, Communication, Marketing, other
- A minimum of three (3) years of work experience in higher education.
- A minimum of three (3) years of
- Proficiency in Ellucian BannerHE Student, Document Imaging, Argos Reporting Infrastructure, Microsoft Office
Suite, or comparable software.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A background check will be required of the successful
Austin Peay State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation/gender identity, religion, age, disability status, genetic information, and/or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries or complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at [email protected]