Posting Number: req14556
Department: Distance Education
Address: Chandler, AZ USA
The primary focus of this position is to respond and reach out to prospective students and applicants for Near You Network Maricopa County locations by utilizing phone and internet technology. The Enrollment Counselor is responsible for determining a prospects initial eligibility for transfer programs at The University of Arizona and working with prospective students through the enrollment process (applications, transcripts, and university onboarding and orientation procedures). The ideal candidate will need resiliency to maintain a high energy level on a high number of inbound/outbound calls daily to and from prospective students, interpersonal skills to connect with prospective students on calls, openness to feedback, ability to listen actively for long periods of time, confidence, adaptability, and integrity to handle various phone calls. Located in Chandler or Gilbert, AZ this position is a member of the UAZ Maricopa Team and will participate in student recruitment, outreach, and engagement activities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision
insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid
vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for
the employee and qualified family members; state and optional
retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative
work-life programs. For more information about working at the
University of Arizona and relocations services, please click
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsel prospective students on the requirements and procedures for the admissions process, via telephone, text, email, and campus events and walk-ins.
- Maintain campus processes and student data in UA’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Update student inquiry progression in databases. Maintain detailed prospect and student program application materials for quality and completion and correspond with applicants regarding recommended improvements and resubmission.
- Meet regularly with academic advisors to address prospect and applicant progress.
- Maintain a pipeline of students, which will include following a prescribed call plan and prioritizing prospective students’ needs.
- Assist applicants through the admission and orientation process through enrollment. Inform and connect prospective students, applicants, and admits to the appropriate resources, including scheduling appointments with local support, financial aid and military benefit counseling, and academic advising.
- Provide regular enrollment management reports to Maricopa and Distance Education teams.
- Provide information to clientele for University of Arizona programs, including 2+2 transfer and graduate degree programs, transfer articulation, distance education, joint enrollment with community colleges, and continuing education opportunities.
- Coordinates the enrollment management training of student employees.
- Monitors and performs quality assurance on student employee enrollment management work.
- Support the Maricopa County recruitment and student success team as needed.
- Participate in team meetings and training to further develop skills and program knowledge.
- Develop relationships with a geographically disbursed team and student population to best support students and teammates.
- Make recommendations to improve customer service, efficiency, and effectiveness by identifying lead quality issues/tech issues/business process issues etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree AND 3 years of related experience OR any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
- Experience using call dialing technology.
- Enrollment management experience in higher education.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $41,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Recruitment & Admissions
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.