Who We Are and What We Do
College Essay Guy is a leader in the college admission field. This year, we are
expanding to support clients with graduate school applications in multiple fields. We are committed to bringing purpose, rigor, and
reflection to the grad school application process. We’re a community of caring, skilled educators committed to empowering our
clients–whether college students or adults with graduate school ambitions–to narrate their past experiences, current academic
and social commitments, and career goals. Along the way, we help them improve the craft of writing.
What Our Graduate
We offer intensive one-on-one support for clients applying to graduate school. We pair them with an
application specialist based on their desired field and intended degree, and they receive personalized support that is tailored to their
needs and to program requirements.
Currently, we are ONLY hiring specialists capable of working with people applying to
graduate degrees in The Life Sciences AND who currently hold the following degrees:
- Molecular Biology
- Other (Life Sciences)
Our Core Values
- Deep Care:
We believe in unconditional positive regard.
- Practicality: We value getting from Point A to Point B with focused efficiency.
- Expertise: We’ve spent many years building a nuanced understanding of not just subject matter, but of how best to help a student
put together a compelling application.
- Equity: We commit to pushing back barriers to access in higher education.
- Community: We value interdependence.
Graduate Application Specialist Roles &
- Provide high-quality online support to clients applying to graduate school
- Help them
conduct research to determine which programs are most suitable
- Assist in the preparation of high-quality applications (including,
but not limited to, help with personal statements, supplemental essays, writing samples, resumes/CVs, etc.)
- Help manage
- Maintain flexibility, assessing clients’ needs and adjusting approach as necessary
- Build and nurture
- Schedule and offer weekly sessions
- Prioritize client satisfaction and ensure their needs are
- Commit to working with clients for the duration of their service contract
- Must hold a graduate degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and/or neuroscience
- Should be familiar with existing graduate programs one or more of these disciplines
- 2+ years coaching experience with graduate
- Substantial knowledge of graduate school applications and processes (specific to your field of
- Demonstrated success coaching online and adapting to potential technological barriers
- Friendly, with a strong intuition and ability to adapt to different personalities
to access and equity in education
Compensation, Start Date, Schedule
- This is a remote,
part-time contract position with competitive pay. Hourly rates typically range from $90-$105/hour.
- Schedule: This position
requires availability for weekly or bi-weekly meetings with clients, typically ranging from May-December. Some weekend and/or evening
meeting availability, and occasional willingness to meet more frequently, may be necessary to meet clients’ needs.
To Apply: Please complete the online
application and upload your cover letter and resume directly to the form.
College Essay Guy is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to hire those representative of the diverse communities we serve. All are encouraged to apply.