Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Anderson County, SC
Job Number: 140497
Slot Number: 0000
Hiring Range – Min.: $11.00
Hiring Range – Max.: $15.00
Agency Specific Application Procedures:
Finalists are subject to a criminal background screening and reference check process. To be considered for this role applicants should attach a resume and cover letter with their online application. Failure to do so will withdraw a candidate from consideration.
Veteran Preference Statement:
South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
Tri-County Technical College invites applicants to the Part-Time/Temporary IT Service Desk Support Technician role. Housed at our Pendleton campus, the Part-Time/Temporary IT Service Desk Support Technician will report to the Service Desk Supervisor and is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to end-user requests, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems’ hardware and software. This position will be visible throughout the organization as the primary point of contact for support issues, and the successful candidate should have the ability and desire to have a positive impact on the IT department and the organization as a whole.
Job Duties Include:
- Accurately record all technical support requests from customers into our ticketing system. This includes gathering pertinent details that will assist the technical team in a successful and prioritized engagement with the customer.
- Provide Tier 1 support for TCTC technology and software applications. This support will be offered through email, phone, remote assistance, and face-to-face interactions. (Support may be required outside of normal business and operating hours.)
- Prepare new devices for deployment utilizing established imaging procedures.
- Address first-level support issues such as password resets, account lockouts, drive mapping, and user setups.
- Work at scheduled events to provide assistance and technical support.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
High school diploma and one year of experience in office automation systems, installation, operation, repair, or processing of information in a data processing environment or related systems.
- Associate degree in related field or two years of experience as a technician.
- Knowledge and experience in the basics of computer networking concepts, and management of Windows operating systems. A+ certification is a plus.
- Ability to maintain a strict standard of confidentially of both personnel information and client data.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline sensitive environment to help achieve maximum efficiency and user satisfaction through proficient use of time and resources.
- Strong work ethic putting forth effort, persistence, and pride.
- Good people skills, displaying patience, kindness and a friendly attitude when assisting users.
- Team player mentality through relationships, cross-training, and being able to support other team members, being a valuable member of the team.
- Ability to write clear concise information in our ticket database and create knowledge documentation to share with peers and customers.
Tri-County Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply (EOE/AA/M/F/D/V)
It is the policy of Tri-County Technical College in accordance with applicable laws to recruit, hire, train and promote people throughout all college levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Tri-County Technical College is a tobacco-free institution.
Tri-County Technical College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/ADA