Job ID: 2023-3199
Division: Networks, Systems & Telecommunications.
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Staff
Type: Regular Full-Time
New York Institute of Technology’s six schools and colleges offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in in-demand disciplines including computer science, data science, and cybersecurity; biology, health professions, and medicine; architecture and design; engineering; IT and digital technologies; management; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education founded in 1955, it welcomes nearly 8,000 students worldwide.
The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world. More than 112,000 alumni are part of an engaged network of physicians, architects, scientists, engineers, business leaders, digital artists, and healthcare professionals. Together, the university’s community of doers, makers, healers, and innovators empowers graduates to change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
Provide on-site and online support for hardware, software, and audio-visual (AV) equipment; provide first and second-tier support to resolve faculty, staff, and student technology issues via in-person, phone, online, and email
- Provide support for all NYIT-owned hardware, software, and AV equipment.
- Support the AV and technology needs of various events to include coordination, set up, break down, streaming, and planning; configure and support the technology needed to conduct successful video conferencing and streaming services within classrooms, conference rooms, and auditoriums.
- Manage student workers/interns, including scheduling, hiring, training, supervision, and performance management.
- Create and maintain documentation, including procedure manuals, troubleshooting guides, and policies necessary to support clients in operation and optimized use of University IT/AV resources and services.
- Manage software/hardware inventories in accordance with ITS standard operating procedures.
- Inventory, prepare, and validate computer hardware and associated peripherals before deployment to the field.
- Deploy and support computing and other technology resources located in public computing spaces (i.e., labs, kiosks, classrooms); assist other ITS staff with the deployment of personal devices as needed/requested.
- Provide first and second-tier technical support; concisely and effectively document issues in the supported ticketing system to facilitate resolution and maintain user satisfaction; provide solutions or escalate to appropriate teams and leadership as needed.
- Maintain inventory, tools, and media necessary for the delivery of IT/AV support services.
- Manage specific applications in support of client computing, including but not limited to system management, Windows and macOS deployment/upgrades, antivirus, and print release.
- Install, maintain, repair, and upgrade hardware, software, peripherals, and other New York Tech technology as needed.
- Collect all pertinent information required by tier III to handle escalated tickets
- Provide excellent customer service to all NYIT community members via various support methods (in-person, telephone, online, and written communication) to achieve exceptional client satisfaction.
- Other duties as needed by the department and defined by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; additional work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Expert knowledge of current versions of Windows, macOS, MS Office, Google Suite for Education, including the use of Outlook/Exchange in a networked environment; advanced knowledge of PC and Apple hardware/configuration issues desired.
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of hardware, software, AV equipment, and other electronics, including AV control systems such as Extron or Crestron; ability to read/follow technical troubleshooting documentation as required.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve hardware/software issues effectively; expert understanding of the inner workings of PCs and related hardware along with the ability to configure office productivity software, such as MS Office, virus protection software, and email clients required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to establish effective collaborative working relationships at all levels of the University.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel effectively.
- Must be detail-oriented, possess excellent customer service and problem-solving skills, and display a high degree of integrity.
- Able to physically move and install computers, printers, and peripherals in locations that may not have an elevator – up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed basis is required.
New York Institute of Technology offers numerous opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth and provides employees with a competitive compensation and benefits program inclusive of generous paid time off, holidays, tuition remission, and retirement plans with employer contributions.
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
In compliance with local legislation as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, the annual base salary range for this position is listed. New York Tech considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate experience/expertise, education/training, key skills, geographic location, internal peer equity as well as market, organizational considerations and/or applicable collective bargaining agreement when extending an offer.
NYIT is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer.