Job ID: 256178
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part-Time Athletics Business Manager on the Dahlonega campus. Provides financial management and oversight that is essential to supporting the daily function and business processes associated with effectively managing the Department of Athletics. The position is responsible for the preparation, development and tracking for 13 intercollegiate programs and all functional support areas. In addition to background checks for all cardholders, O.C.G.A. § 50-5-83 requires a credit check on all employees issued a purchasing card. Additionally, credit checks must be run at the time of PCard renewal.
- Responsible for the development and management of the fiscal year budget and scholarship allocations for 225 student athletes. Manage and process the budgetary allocation and expenditure records of the athletic department budgets. Responsible for budget forecasting including revenue/expense projections.
- Provides oversight to all budgets internal to the Department. Oversees the implementation of internal control policies and procedures as required to support revenue collection and depositing, inventory control, accounting requirements, and financial reporting. Ensures compliance with state, university, and department procedures for the purchase of supplies, equipment and vendor contracts.
- Oversee the departments 15 Foundation financial accounts. Prepare, assess and evaluate various internal reports to include annual giving, sponsorships/advertisements, scholarship funds raised, departmental (sport) expense tracking.
- Responsible for completing the annual EADA report, NCAA Financial report and the USG Athletics Annual report.
- Actively participate in the strategic planning, manage daily operations and participate in formulating, evaluating, interpreting and enforcing department policies to include input and best practices from the UNG Budget Office, Comptroller’s Office and UNG Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- In depth knowledge of accounting and budgeting of multiple accounts, planning, auditing and computer systems.
- Highly organized with superior work ethic and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced organization.
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and a large caseload in a positive, efficient and effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Willing to obtain CPR and AED.
- Minimum of two years of business management,
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
- This position has financial responsibilities.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
- Position of Trust + Education & Credit
University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.