University of Colorado Denver
Program Manager, Business
Career Connections – 29489 University Staff
University Classification: Business Services Program
Working Title: Program Manager, BCC
Department/Subunit: Business Career Connections, Business School,
FTE: Full Time
Position #: 00689447
Requisition #: 29489
School has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Manager position.
of Colorado Denver is the state’s premier public urban research university and equity-serving institution. Globally connected and locally
invested, CU Denver partners with future-focused learners and communities to design accessible, relevant, transformative educational
experiences for every stage of life and career. Across eight schools and colleges in the heart of downtown Denver, our leading faculty
inspires and works alongside students to solve complex challenges through boundary-breaking innovation and impactful research, and creative
work. As part of the state’s largest university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with 2,000 employees and
an annual economic impact of more than $800 million. For more information, visit www.ucdenver.edu
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of
operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy
development and review, strategic planning, and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management,
childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services, or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational
Professional Level: Program Manager
Program Managers are responsible for the day-to-day
operation of a program, function, or work unit, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or
departmental strategies and processes. These positions typically do not supervise others.
Nature of Work
Responsible for the execution of day-to-day operations of the Business Career Connections unit including management of the program
budget, career fair and student events, programs, data tracking, and analysis of student placement to ensure a high-performing operational
environment to serve students, leadership, faculty, strategic employers, and community partners
Examples of Work
Budget & Procurement:
- Develops and submits the annual BCC budget request to the BCC Director for
final review and submission.
- Manages expenses for the BCC, including account reconciliation, discrepancy investigation, and
- Determines criteria for vendor license renewal and pays invoices for annual renewal costs.
- Develops and
manages career fair budget for bi-annual events.
- Researches, identifies, and recommends new vendors that will provide the best and
most cost-efficient services for the department.
- Develops and maintains successful vendor relationships.
- Works with the BCC Director to formulate new strategies and directives for the BCC.
- Collaborate in
creating new activities for the BCC, including identifying local and national businesses for internship and job placement opportunities, and
creation of new programming. to drive student engagement and retention.
- Develops monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting on BCC
accomplishments, statistics, placement data for accreditation, and other metrics and information, as requested.
- Operate as a
department liaison with internal and external stakeholders, which includes students, faculty, staff, employers, and community associations
on student programming and events, business partnership opportunities, and internship and career placement.
- Serve as the primary
administrator for the BCC employer database and additional data sources to support Business School students and events (Career Fairs,
Employer Spotlights, Panel Events, and Career and Professional Development undergraduate and graduate courses).
- Conducts market
research by generating Employment or First Destination Surveys, monitors response rates, compiles and analyzes data, and presents results to
BCC leadership and other key BCC stakeholders.
- Serve as an expert advisor on BCC support, activities, and process for employers
seeking Business School talent or increased involvement with the university.
- Serve as the key administrator and facilitator on the
interface between students and employers.
- Provides high-level client relationship management to employers needing assistance with
preparing job postings and navigating the CU system; following up to ensure the employer’s needs are met and the relationship is
- Operate as a key partner in the development of marketing strategies and collateral to promote the Business
Career Connections office, its events, and its services to employers, organizations, faculty, and students.
- Supervises one or more
Graduate or Undergraduate Student Assistants; recruits, interviews, trains, develops work schedules, and assigns administrative tasks and
special projects; monitors performance and provides feedback and coaching.
- Act as a systems administrator for databases such as
Salesforce, CVENT, Big Interview, and CareerLeader; in addition, work with campus Salesforce resources and platform vendors to develop
student lists, moderate usage, and recommend licensing levels.
- Liaison with GEM and the One Year MBA program for BCC services.
- Leads special projects delegated by the Director such as improving or creating processes to provide the best possible service to
students, leading the team on new technologies available to improve student interaction and retention, and developing and executing
innovative strategies for attracting students to the BCC.
- In collaboration with the BCC
Director, manages and executes BCC student events; develops and implements necessary budgetary approvals, event logistics, marketing,
catering, AV, speaker logistics, pre, and post-event metrics, and day-of programming.
- Facilitates student programs including
events, workshops, treks, and Career and Professional Development classes.
- Organize strategic employer visits or presentations for
students; including scheduling, site selection, marketing, promotion, postings, emails, room preparation, catering, event delivery, and
- Tracks registration and participation, follow-up with students, and employer contacts.
- Represents Business
Career Connections at meetings within the business school and local events, student organizations, non-profit organizations, and/or
- Coordinates on-campus Business School interviews with employers, Career Center, and Experiential Learning
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $55,000-$68,000 and is commensurate with
skills and experience.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but
not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s
good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
FLSA Status: Exempt, Not
eligible for overtime.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous
leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student
body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and
understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and
all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of
Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in
achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University will provide reasonable
accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the
Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected].
The University of Colorado requires COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21
or upon the start date. Information regarding this requirement and exemptions can be found at: https://www.ucdenver.edu/coronavirus<
Denver Campus exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
The University of Colorado Denver
seeks individuals with a demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage
effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences,
healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited
- Three years of experience in office operations including budgets, procurement, and events.
- Experience in a
higher education setting or non-profit.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional
experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience with PeopleSoft finance and procurement, especially in a higher education setting.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
skills and aptitude to quickly learn new platforms and technology solutions.
- Experience working with external stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Professional background with the ability to collaborate and coordinate with
both internal and external stakeholders in a small-team, high-activity environment.
- Excellent event planning skills, with attendee
survey experience; corporate event planning experience is optimal.
- Strong communication skills at all levels within the
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and establish goals.
- Works independently, well-organized, and
self-confident; excellent follow-up skills, self-starter.
- Proficient with database development and management; reporting skills
for analysis and accreditation.
- Excellent MS office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Ability to
manage direct reports and train students on systems, processes, and procedures; act as a role model for professional behavior.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach:
1. A letter of application that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List
three to five professional references (we will notify you before contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed
to: Lauren Galleri at [email protected].
edu Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Applications are
accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications
will begin on April 13th, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business
Primary Location: Denver Department: U0001 — DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS – 30055 – Business
Posting Date: Mar 30, 2023
Unposting Date: Ongoing Posting Contact
Name: Lauren Galleri Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
CDenver.edu Position Number: 00689447
To apply, please visit: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=29489&lang=en