Technology Transfer Compliance Associate
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
About the Department
UC’s Technology Transfer Office, located at the 1819 Innovation Hub, is a resource for research and innovation partnership across UC. The Technology Transfer Office works to help UC’s innovators create impact from their research and support them through various intellectual property and commercialization issues.
This position will join the Technology Transfer team as Technology Transfer Compliance Associate. The selected applicant will be potentially hybrid with primarily responsibility for working with the Technology Transfer team to support administrative aspects of the Intellectual Property portfolio owned by the university. Those responsibilities will include managing in-house patent counsel’s IP docket, coordinating patent drafting projects, notifying relevant team members of upcoming patent deadlines, providing assistance for patent filings, maintaining intellectual property records, managing review & approval process for patent annuities and managing IP-related compliance issues.
- Track patent/legal expenses and license income.
- Monitor and/or review agreements to ensure contractual financial and performance compliance.
- Issue invoices for patent/legal expenses and license income.
- Distribute royalty income to partners, inventors, departments and colleges.
- Review and track invention disclosures for reporting requirements to funders, including Federal research sponsors.
- Track reporting requirements to funders, including Federal research sponsors.
- Report inventions, patent filings and license income as required by funders, including Federal research sponsors.
- Maintain informational databases to meet any office needs including License and Invention Reporting Compliance.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Associate’s Degree.
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
One (1) year of related experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
Knowledge of the patent process and past experience managing an IP or legal docket.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate’s experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE
Technology Transfer Compliance Associate
May 24, 2023
Cincinnati, OH, US
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. UC is a smoke-free environment.