That’s a wrap on the 12th annual Streamy Awards, which presented nearly 50 awards and honors to 2022’s top creators.
After going virtual in 2020 and 2021, the Streamys (produced by Tubefilter and dick clark productions) returned to IRL this year, and to its home turf: the Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles.
2022’s awards were party rocked by master of ceremonies Airrack, who just so happened to walk away with two nods of his own: top First Person creator as well as a Creator Honor, which we’ll talk more about below. The show was also streamed exclusively from Airrack’s YouTube channel—a first for the Streamys, which normally broadcasts from its own channel.
Subscribe for daily Tubefilter Top Stories
.@airrack is taking home the 🏆 for First Person! CONGRATS!
Are you watching the #streamys? → https://t.co/sbNDGgKYQ8 pic.twitter.com/A848zkaB2l
— Streamy Awards (@streamys) December 5, 2022
Dozens of familiar faces joined Airrack onstage throughout the two-hour show, including Bretman Rock, Cooking with Lynja, Kallmekris, Michelle Khare, the cheeky boyos, Alexa Rivera, Avani Gregg, Brad Mondo, Brandon Rogers, Brent Rivera, Charli D’Amelio, Colin & Samir, Dhar Mann, Enola Bedard, HasanAbi, Howieazy, Ian Boggs, Jarvis Johnson, Jay Shetty, Leo González, MissDarcei, Pierson Wodzynski, Quackity, RDCWorld, Rhett & Link, SeanDoesMagic, Sheena Melwani & The Real Indian Dad, and Thee BlackBadger.
And, to cap it all off, rapper Yung Gravy performed his hit “Betty (Get Money)” set to a rapid-fire compilation of creator videos.
As for the awards themselves, it’s probably not a surprise that for the third year running, famously generous MrBeast has been named Creator of the Year. And, for the second year in a row, he and partner in ecofriendliness Mark Rober won the Streamys’ Social Good Award with their ocean restoration project #TeamSeas. (The project additionally won this year’s Brand Engagement award.)
That’s the end of nods for MrBeast, but not for Rober, who was 2022’s most-awarded creator.
On top of the previous two awards, he was named this year’s top Science and Engineering creator, and won the Collaboration category for his latest porch pirate-punishing glitterbomb video, made with Jim Browning and Trilogy Media.
Congrats to @MrBeast and @MarkRober for taking home the #streamys Creator for Social Good Award presented by @elevateprize! 👏
In addition to the 🏆, The Elevate Prize Foundation is giving funding to the winners to donate to the cause of their choice! pic.twitter.com/PvO1ViGnNj
— Streamy Awards (@streamys) December 5, 2022
2022’s show also featured the viewer-favorite Creator Honors, a category added in 2020 where “past Streamys winners honor creators whose work personally resonated with them.”
This year’s Creator Honors went to Kane Pixels (from The Game Theorists), Ice Cream Sandwich (from Jaiden Animations), and Airrack (from FaZe Deestroying).
You can check out the entire show embedded below, and see the complete list of winners under the embed.
STREAMYS CREATOR HONORS
- Kane Pixels from The Game Theorists
- Ice Cream Sandwich from Jaiden Animations
- Airrack from FaZe Deestroying
- Creator of the Year: MrBeast
- Show of the Year: Good Mythical Morning
- Streamer of the Year: Kai Cenat
- International: Khaby Lame (Italy)
- Short Form: Sheena Melwani
- Breakout Creator: Ryan Trahan
- Breakout Streamer: IShowSpeed
- Collaboration: Mark Rober, Jim Browning, Trilogy Media • Pranks Destroy Scam Callers – GlitterBomb Payback
- Creator for Social Good: MrBeast and Mark Rober • #TeamSeas
- Creator Product: POPFLEX • Blogilates
- Crossover: Gordon Ramsay
- First Person: Airrack
- Just Chatting: xQc
- Variety Streamer: Ludwig
- VTuber: CodeMiko
- Podcast: Call Her Daddy
- Scripted Series: In Space with Markiplier • Markiplier
- Unscripted Series: Challenge Accepted • Michelle Khare
- Animated: MeatCanyon
- Beauty: MissDarcei
- Comedy: RDCWorld
- Commentary: Danny Gonzalez
- Competitive Gamer: tarik
- Dance: Enola Bedard
- Fashion and Style: Wisdom Kaye
- Food: Cooking With Lynja
- Gamer: Markiplier
- Health and Wellness: Doctor Mike
- Kids and Family: Rebecca Zamolo
- Learning and Education: Tom Scott
- Lifestyle: Charli D’Amelio
- News: HasanAbi
- Science and Engineering: Mark Rober
- Sports: Jesser
- Technology: Mrwhosetheboss
- Cinematography: Lyrical Lemonade
- Editing: Cooking With Lynja
- Visual and Special Effects: SoKrispyMedia
- Writing: Brandon Rogers
- Brand of the Year: Old Spice
- Agency of the Year: Whalar
- Brand Engagement: #TeamSeas • MrBeast and Mark Rober
- Branded Series: Old Spice Writer’s Room • LOL Network
- Branded Video: Gorgeous, gorgeous people love Clé de Peau Beauté concealer! • Martha Stewart
- Influencer Campaign: The Ultimate Teammate • Tampax
- Social Impact Campaign: Once Upon A Bi • Tinder